A Pathologist Assistant will perform high-complexity testing of grossing surgical pathology specimens as well as passing small biopsies. He or she will work primarily in the Fix and Trim Room of the Department of Pathology and may also be rotated to perform specimen reception and assisting other pathologists during prosection.
- Grossing – Examination and recording of gross description of specimens and submission of sections for microscopic examination.
- a. Small specimens – endoscopic and core biopsies, small non-complicated specimens
- b. Large uncomplicated specimens – colectomy, mastectomy, gastrectomy, etc.
- Assisting pathologist – Assist pathologist during grossing. Includes printing of cassettes and workload entry.
- Specimen reception – Assessment of specimens received for suitability and acceptance. Includes case accessioning and order entry in to the laboratory information system.
- Tissue processor management – Ensure the tissue processors function and reagent consumption are optimal for tissue processing.
- Preferably at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other equivalent qualification.
- At least 6 years of working experience as a medical technologist in a histopathology laboratory.
- Completion of formal training as a pathologist assistant will be advantageous.
Notes: If you’re interested with the above job, please click button [Apply the job @Company’s site] below to brings you directly to the company’s site.
|22 Jun 2023
|Job Req ID