Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
The District Leader, Rx plays a critical role in cultivating a culture of clinical and business excellence in retail pharmacies across their market. With clinical and business oversight of up to 18 retail pharmacies and an average team headcount of 200 reports, the District Leader, Rx has ultimate responsibility for patient safety and business success in their market. An inspiring coach and leader of people, the District Leader, Rx is focused on building and developing a team of Pharmacy Managers who grow the business through their consistent delivery of unparalleled care and patient connection. Specifically, the District Leader, Rx partners with and coaches their team to deliver on the core business with excellence, embrace change in an evolving healthcare ecosystem, and launch new products, programs, and services to keep our communities healthy. A licensed Pharmacist themselves, the District Leader, Rx brings deep knowledge of pharmacy workflow and clinical programs to help their teams identify and address performance opportunities, grow the top-line through the delivery of clinical services, and abide by all legal and regulatory guidelines with safety of our colleagues and patients top of mind. A model for all CVS Retail Pharmacists and Technicians, the District Leader, Rx also lives our Heart At Work behaviors, and sets the bar for Pharmacy Managers by their examples.
To enable sustainable market success, the District Leader, Rx is specifically responsible to:
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy Pharmacist talent pipeline, including overseeing the development of interns, recruitment of new grads, and career progression for float and staff Pharmacists to maintain a strong Pharmacy Manager bench
- Set the District talent agenda for hourly colleagues (i.e. Technicians), including oversight to ensure an appropriate staffing pipeline, District-level succession planning for key roles (e.g. Tech Plus and Tech Team Leader), and partnering with front store field leadership to cultivate cross-trained colleagues and total-store staffing where appropriate
- Set and communicate District priorities, based on Corporate and Regional direction; ensure Pharmacy Managers understand the “why” behind new initiatives and are able to engage their teams to embrace change
- Conduct regular formal and informal check-ins with all Pharmacy Managers to track progress against business and developmental goals
- Improve District-level pharmacy performance measures (e.g. workflow, service, inventory management, patient care, etc.) by coaching Pharmacy Managers to identify and address root-cause barriers to success
- Oversee patient safety and provide regulatory oversight; ensure the highest level of integrity when it comes to reporting and investigating patient safety and/or drug loss incidents
- Grow the business through active pursuit and engagement with acquisitions, file buys, new stores, and remodels
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
People Leadership & Development:
- Cultivate the market’s Pharmacist talent pipeline, including ultimate oversight and development of interns, Float Pharmacists, Staff Pharmacists, and Pharmacy Managers
- Manage District succession plans and promote District-level staffing of pharmacies
- Oversee the consistent delivery and completion of all colleague training programs
- Oversee the appropriate staffing, scheduling, and timely and correct payment of all market Pharmacists
- Create a culture of recognition, empowerment, development, and inclusion that attracts and retains talent at all levels
- Identify, mentor, and develop future District Leadership talent
- Deliver timely performance reviews and targeted coaching and counseling for individual Pharmacy Managers as needed
Business / Financial Planning
- Develop and execute business plans and strategies to deliver on all business performance measures, e.g. P&L, sales-to-budget, inventory management, payroll management, asset protection accountabilities, etc.
- Actively review business reports to derive insights about District pharmacy performance; utilize metrics as a tool to diagnose root cause and inform the creation of action plans
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and business trends, using this information to proactively plan for risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Set, communicate and execute on market goals
- Engage pharmacy teams to deliver against new and existing programs and services with excellence
- Champion differentiated customer service and personally close out any escalated customer service issues
- Triage and address any emergent issues in the market, e.g. theft, extreme weather, no-shows, Board of Pharmacy visits, etc.
- Ensure all pharmacies are ready for inventories, internal/external audits, and other regular activities requiring planning and preparation for success
- Ensure compliance with community responsibility activities
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and relevant federal, state, and local laws pertaining to pharmacy and pharmacy personnel
- Provide market-specific input to development of the local acquisition and real estate strategy; implement the local real estate strategy and provide acquisition support
- Identify file buy and acquisition leads, cultivating relationships with competitors and ensuring retention of file buy assets
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Active Pharmacist license required (any state)
- Internal candidates must be accepted into the EL program
- 5+ years as a practicing Pharmacist, ideally within a retail setting
- 3+ years of experience leading others
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet performance goals
- Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by successful collaboration to achieve shared goals
- Strong time management skills, evidenced by experience being accountable to multiple deliverables on staggered deadlines
- Strong personal integrity and judgment, including a track record of managing highly-sensitive or highly-visible business matters
- Strong communication skills in both formal and informal writing and speech
- Demonstrated growth mindset and willingness to learn and accept feedback
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
COVID Vaccine Required :
- PharmD preferred
- Preference is for internal candidates to have completed the EL program curriculum up through the EL Summit
- 3+ years of experience as a multi-unit manager
- 1+ year of experience in CVS Retail store or field role(s)
- Bachelor’s degree required, PharmD preferred
The typical pay range for this role is: $120,250.00 – $259,000.00.
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.
Notes: If you’re interested with the above job, please click button [Apply the job @Company’s site] below to brings you directly to the company’s site.
|Health Services, Sales & Marketing
|Job Reference No
|3630 Business Drive, Sacramento, CA