Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As a Delivery Driver for CVS Pharmacy, you will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with the pharmacy, patients, and nursing homes to ensure that all deliveries/pick-ups are made in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will act as a liaison between the facility staff and our pharmacy, delivering medications with a strong sense of urgency directly to that patient’s home. As part of the CVS delivery team, you will deliver top notch customer service and positively impact the lives of others.
As a Delivery Driver, you will:
- Work with pharmacy staff to ensure that deliveries leave the pharmacy at the appropriate time and delivered to the designated location requested
- Transport and deliver medication and front store items to patients in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage or loss
- Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which may include checking and/or logging recipient identification
- Report status and any problems to pharmacy management
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- If given a company car, maintain company cars by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting any mechanical issues immediately to management
- If not given a company car, provide your own reliable, legal (registered and insured as required by your state law) transportation. Will be reimbursed for mileage
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to multitask and work under limited supervision
- Navigate their routes using basic internet map programs such as Google Maps or MapquestThis position will have shifts determined by the pharmacy staff and may be full or part time based on the needs of the business and will be addressed.
Based on the role and location, this position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless you are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required on your first day of employment or within the first few months in the position, depending on the role and location. If you are considered for a role, more information will be provided during the hiring process.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable driving record
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be able to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
- Must be able to be physically active for entire shift, as well as stand for intermittent periods of time
- Pass a background check, drug screening, and Motor Vehicle Record review prior to beginning employment
- Previous delivery or customer service experience preferred
- High School diploma.
The typical pay range for this role is: $16.00 – $27.00.
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.
Notes: If you’re interested with the above job, please click button [Apply the job @Company’s site] below to brings you directly to the company’s site.
|Health Services, Operation & Distribution
|Job Reference No
|3630 Business Drive, Sacramento, CA