- JOB PURPOSE
This job description details the responsibilities and the general duties of the Senior Pharmacist.
- MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review each patient’s medication chart or prescription for the appropriateness of the drugs prescribed and to contact the prescribing doctor when an intervention is needed. The review has to ensure that:
- All orders are clear and specific
- Doses are prescribed within therapeutic limits
- Any potential adverse reactions and interactions are identified
- Fulfil all drug orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all related costs and revenue are accounted for, and accurately recovered.
- Dispense medications to patients, explaining the indications for drug therapy and instructions for administration.
- Provides drug information and lectures to other healthcare professionals.
- Delegate, oversee and review the work of assigned subordinates.
- Ensures that all sales and supply of medicinal products comply with legal requirements.
- Records pertaining to all phases of drug receipt, supply, storage and distribution are maintained as required by the hospital and/or legal authorities.
- Represent the department in various clinical committees and performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Review pharmacy procedures and policies periodically and implement schemes to improve pharmacy workflow.
- Supervise performance, conduct appraisals, write reports and make recommendations for confirmation, promotion and training needs of subordinates.
- Actively participate in Pharmacy education and development programmes.
- Practices continued reading of journals, publications, etc for professional advancement.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to policies, practices and regulations established by the department, hospital and external regulatory agencies pertaining to pharmacy.
- Provide relevant training to pre-registration pharmacists and pharmacy students.
- Support the hospital by participating actively in the various activities organized by the hospital. Activities include QC, community projects, staff welfare and recreational activities and etc.
- Conduct clinical review for appropriateness of medication orders.
- Ensure operational efficiency to meet desired turnaround time.
- Supervise performance and conduct appraisal.
- Involve in national or institutional workgroups and projects.
Notes: If you’re interested with the above job, please click button [Apply the job @Company’s site] below to brings you directly to the company’s site.
|23 Jun 2023
|Job Req ID