The National Improvement Unit (NIU) was established to accelerate quality improvement across the Singapore healthcare ecosystem. NIU will facilitate large scale improvements in ‘big dot’ national health priorities with the support of the Institute of Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and build local capability to lead, coach and deliver future improvements in strategically important areas.
The postholder partners with and develops leaders and team members to design, plan, execute and monitor large or complex projects leveraging advanced continuous improvement and project management tools to support national health priorities.
As an improvement specialist in NIU, you will work closely with leaders at all levels of healthcare organisations, clinicians, nurses, front-line staff and patients to ensure timely delivery of improvement projects and deliver on expected results.
You will coach and build stakeholders’ improvement skills and inculcate an improvement mindset with the aim of making quality improvement an integral part of the business strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and drive ntional improvement projects / initiatives aimed at improving care processes/systems, improving health of populations, and reducing costs
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all stakeholders. Anticipate stakeholder needs and respond promptly with appropriate and helpful solutions
- Provide coaching to individual project groups / teams to enable them to achieve their goals effectively and efficiently with optimal participation of all team members
- Promoting culture change by sharing best practices
- Provide education, coaching, and mentoring on improvement methods, data collection and analysis methods, project management and change management techniques to project teams
- Other additional functions include supporting departmental initiatives and activities
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Director
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Health Science, Public Health, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in transformation/change agent role within an organization engaged in a Lean transformation preferred.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve problems utilising a myraid of improvement methodologies, plan and conduct complex project assignments and prepare reports.
- Proficiency with basic statistical analysis, CI tools and change management techniques
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with all organisational levels
- Ability to lead groups in process redesign that enable better results
- Demonstrated ability to teach/coach/advise leadership at all levels regarding continuous improvement principles and practices and role of leader in a continuous improvement organization.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills in working with different groups of stakeholders across disciplines and all levels of staff
- Self-motivated, resourceful and possess the passion to contribute to the national healthcare system
- Ability to handle and manage stressful situations and work independently
Notes: If you’re interested with the above job, please click button [Apply the job @Company’s site] below to brings you directly to the company’s site.
|20 Jun 2023
|Job Req ID