Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation – www.cvshealth.com.
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you searching for a fast paced and multifaceted environment where you can show your passion for helping others? If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, apply to our Consultant Pharmacist role at Omnicare today! We can’t wait to meet you!
As a Consultant Pharmacist, you have the exciting opportunity to collaborate with facility leaders and staff to coordinate pharmaceutical services within long term care facilities. You will have the opportunity to guide development and evaluation of pharmaceutical services procedures within the facility. You will assist the facility to identify, evaluate, and address/resolve pharmacy-related concerns and issues that affect resident care, medical care, quality of life, and/or regulatory compliance. This position will perform duties below by working on-site in various client facilities within long term care.
- Ensure facilities remain compliant and aligned with federal regulations
- Complete clinical reviews as required by federal and state regulation
- Own issue resolution and communicate early warning signs of potential issues
- Drive adoption of Omnicare programs and service offerings
- Use existing customer relationships to promote and drive organic growth as well as new business
- Conduct Executive Reviews and other customer meetings as required
- Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, Operations, and appropriate corporate functions to meet overall site goals and objectives
- Perform Medication Regimen Reviews (MRR) as outlined by regulation or contract for facility type and provide written reports of these reviews to applicable facility staff
- Spend an appropriate amount of time on each resident’s review as defined by their clinical needs
- Use OSC2OR software on-site to generate MRR, including therapeutic interchange and Omnicare clinical program-related recommendations and document responses to previous recommendations
- Utilize the “Minimum Data Set” (MDS 3.0) health assessment tool to identify specific residents needing targeted focuses
- Complete the “Quality Improvement: Consultant Pharmacist Summary Report” for all applicable facilities and transmit this and the “Summary for Consultant Services” after each month of consulting has been completed
- Educate facility staff including the Director of Nursing, Medical Director, and Administrator when new programs are implemented and perform specific functions required of new programs to be conducted by Consultant Pharmacist
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program, 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
This is a full time position offering 40 hours per week. Pharmacist will travel to long term care facilities within a 100 mile radius of Santa Rosa, CA. Inclusive of but not limited to Preston City, San Francisco, Napa, Redding, Merced, and San Jose. Overnights required approximately 3x a month. This is not a remote position.
- Active Pharmacy license in good standing in California.
- Ability to visit long term care facilities located in California.
- Immunization certified or willingness to become immunization certified
Notwithstanding the language in the below COVID Requirements section that references exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, successful candidates for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Certain health care facilities and other clientele will not allow unvaccinated colleagues to enter their premises, even with a reasonable accommodation that involves COVID-19 testing. Since some of the essential functions of this position must be performed within our clients’ facilities, no exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be allowed for this position.
- 3 years of experience in a clinical pharmacy practice
- 1 year of long term care pharmacy practice
- Nevada pharmacist license preferred or willingness to become dual licensed
- B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD degree required
- Certification in geriatrics and/or gerontology preferred
The typical pay range for this role is: $43.94 – $94.63.
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.
Notes: If you’re interested with the above job, please click button [Apply the job @Company’s site] below to brings you directly to the company’s site.
|Health Services, Operation & Distribution
|Job Reference No
|Sacramento, CA (Field)